Wednesday 15 February 2012

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." (Kurt Vonnegut)

Hi,

for today´s assessment  I´ll just simply answer the given questions, and I thing it even would not hurt me. :P

OK, so the first question: "How is the time period in which is the piece set important to understanding the scenario?"

The time period, actually time at all is completely irrelevant in my play. Ionesco doesn´t specify the time period nor the place. As I said thousand times before he is just focusing on the absurdity of its plot.

Answer for the third question (because it´s easier):


I feel like repeating same things all over again. I think that I was talking about the relevance of this play in the first or the second article. So, again, YES, this play IS relevant and I think it´ll be relevant always. Our conversation topics is not going to change nor the answers and by reading absurd drama we´re going to realise the insanity of ourselves.

While talking about insanity, I´ve found out that actually I don´t know how to answer the second question. I´ve already finished whole play and it was really, really insane at the end. I was thinking about it a lot but I still doesn´t have a good theory what exactly is the end trying to suggest. However, it explains why is the book called The Future is in Eggs or It take all sorts to make a world.

You remember about the couple I´ve talked about in the previous article, Jaques and Roberta? So, they are having offspring at the end of the book. Jaques lays 3 eggs and Roberta is doing sounds like a rooster while he is laying them. Then one member of family asks what are they going to do with those offspring. So, they start shouting things out loud. Things like sausage meat, some eggs for omelets, knitting wool, proletariats, nationalists ... and so one.

If anyone of you has any cool idea about what is that supposed to mean, SHARE IT with me!!! I would be really grateful. :)


1 comment: