Friday 6 April 2012

Eggs and Limes

I´ve tried hard to find any on-line play or radio record of The Future is in Eggs but from some reasons it is a mission impossible. There is something like a play on youtube.com with puppets that look like eggs. I´ve watched it. The play was in original language--French. However, the quality of this video was so bad that I´ve realized that it is not good idea to base this article on it. 


After long time of searching and watching some video experiments I´ve started to think why there is no interpretation of "The Eggs" worth mentioning. Well, if we consider the length of this play the reason is quite obvious. No theater would create an performance that lasts for less than 30 minutes. 


I was a bit desperate realizing that nobody appreciate this absurd play as much as I do. With some coincidence I´ve opened some page that was offering tickets to some NY theatre to the play pictured here. They have combined two short modernist´s plays and created an excellent exhibition of Theater of Absurd (probably the only possibility how to perform a play of 20 small pages long). I could not go to NY to watch it but at least I´ve read a few reviews and according to those it´s worth watching. So, if you are planning to go to States and visit this city, take your time and buy tickets to this play and then write me how good or bad it was, thanks. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a pity we can't get the school to fund an overnight trip to New York to see this :) That would be a great international project...

    ReplyDelete